Saturday, October 24, 2015

The past one month was exactly not how I imagined life after army would be. I thought things would get easier without regimentation, without the shackles of rules and reason, without the dangers of punishment, nor the rush of adrenaline that comes with responsibility. Oh how the tables have turned. After two years of climbing the hierarchy of military ranks, here I am again as a plain old citizen trying to make ends meet with the massive burden of tuition fees weighing upon my poor old back.

It's funny how I only take away the positive things in life, and leave behind the dreaded memories of old. And don't quote me on that because I am never consistent. So that's just a disclaimer, should I eat my words. The working life taught me a really powerful lesson on how passion changes, and how it can dissolve to naught if wasn't even real in the first place. Even after internship, and the waves of bad publicity surrounding the industry, I chose to make the leap of faith. And I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't wavered by the offer to sponsor my university studies at the cost of five years of commitment. At this point of time, I know I would have regretted that poor decision.

University was exactly how I knew it would be - a whirlwind. In just the short span of a month, I have already reached the halfway mark of this trimester. And three thousand dollars out of my pocket. But I continue to convince myself that it will all be worth it when I find that dream career in time to come. I know I would not make it far with just a diploma on hand.

And exactly a week ago, Sab and I celebrated our first anniversary together. *pops confetti*

Photo credits: Sab's wordpress.

It still makes me wonder sometimes, what good karma have I ever cultivated in my life to deserve someone like her? And one year is truly a milestone, given how I never even thought all this could happen. And as we laid down yesterday to reminisce about our initial dates, it still made my heart palpitate just a little faster as I recalled my emotions then, approaching her doorstep on our first date.

School is still the typical dread. But the reason why I drag myself to class is probably because I paid $250 for one day at school. Why can't education in Singapore be free like some other countries? :(

Worked the past two days at an event with chong and steph. It was pretty good money, given how mundane it was and I exhausted all two hundred percent of my phone's battery so that gives you a rough idea of how I spent my time "working". Free food and working with close friends made it all the more enjoyable. Gone are the days where we meet up as often as once a week. So meeting them two days in a row and being paid for that doesn't hurt at all.

Photo credits: Steph's dayre.

And the thing about being all alone at home is that I feel guilty for whiling my time away playing FIFA and catching up on videos on youtube. There are things to be done, but nah, I have absolutely no regrets. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment