Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Nobody said it was easy, No one ever said it would be this hard."

This line from Coldplay's "The Scientist" explains it all. Finally, barely surviving, I battled on and achieved my rest day at long last. And what better to ruin this perfect day attributed towards relaxation and leisure than the odds-defying bane of the drill. Ad what better could I do but lament my gradual personification of Bad Luck Brian?

Was polishing a white wine glass yesterday but in a moment of superhuman strength and clumsiness, the stem broke right off and sliced a gash just below my fourth finger. Alas, the blood flowed like the Niagara Falls, not showing any signs of stopping even after exerting pressure on it. After a hard-fought war with my gaping wound, I managed to plaster it, with an approximate casualty blood loss of 10ml. 

Now for the positives. Departure flight to Taiwan has been confirmed, heralding my maiden outward voyage without parental guidance, forsaking my dependence on the guardians of my life. Marching on to March.

"Plans are merely ideas, action takes the situation forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment