Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Had my birthday.....and it's gone. Finally twenty. Somehow the number in words sounds much tamer than "20". And with the Olympics happening right now, I can't help but ponder. Some people have already achieved an Olympic gold medal at the tender age of 16. What have I done with my life? 

Started off the day with text messages streaming in right from midnight. However, I have to say that I only read them at 87am because even though I turn 20 the next day, I still have to adhere to my 8-hr sleep rule. Which means I slept at 11pm. Waited an hour to reply those messages in case they were still asleep. Met zhiqi at the interchange. Attended MICE tutorial and had to present the advantages of Vancouver as an incentive travel destination. Had MICE interview right after and it went well I guess. All of us had butterflies in our bellies but they miraculously disappeared right after we stepped out of the interview room. Skipped F&B lecture because we were already almost 45mins late. Proceeded to Sugarloaf for lunch. Had the lamb briyani. Returned to library for project. Since I have already started proofreading the report for our very last project, I am trying to ascertain that there will be minimal mistakes. As a result, I ended up rewriting and paraphrasing the entire report in my own words, thus the slow rate. Went to macs after almost 5 hours of reading. Although we were having dinner after that, I could not resist having a mcchicken meal. Waited for sherri, steph and weichong before we proceeded to Tampines to meet the Avengers™. As I settled down and was having my delicious and tantalising hot peri-peri chicken, the fried penguin gang came to surprise me. Trust me, I was really surprised. My face was like :O They sat down to chat for awhile before going over to Sushi Tei for dinner, claiming that Nando's was expensive. Hello you think Sushi Tei one piece 20cents is it? Finished our meals and took a photo which looked like we were at a club. And nope, I still have not made my maiden club voyage and I intend to let it stay this way.

  


We talked at Wendy's for awhile. Makes me remember this picture:


And I have come up with a new martial art called Hok DnomYar. It consists of a combination of punches, hooks, kneekicks and elbows. After an intensive training period of 5 minutes, you will transcend the masses and be conferred the title of a "hok-er" or hawker, and you will be able to display the certificate such as the one shown below:


Parted ways and went to find the Fried Penguins™ at Tampines Mall. Talked for awhile at Mos Burger before we started to go home. Chaos ensued when I tried to get wesley to quit smoking. I know it is hard but it can be done. Returned home for another celebration with my family. And there will not be any pictures of them at all because they did not want to have to change clothes or comb their hair just before sleeping. Funny people. Just a small celebration at home without any fanfare but the setting was comfortable. But since the womens singles table tennis semi-final match was broadcasting at the same time, they quickly sang the birthday song and went back to the sofa, only returning after it ended. 



Pardon my blank look because I was really tired already at that time. Who in the world celebrates their birthday 15 minutes before it ends? Enjoyed myself thoroughly and loved the presents.

Present from The Avengers™

Present from Fried Penguins™
Really appreciate everything that everyone has done. Especially the planners. I have no idea what went behind the scenes but certainly the effort is commendable. Thank you for all the well wishes and for making my 20th such a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment