Monday, August 8, 2011

Soo-ger-loaf!

Another tiring day of operations at Sugarloaf today. On the bus, I kept dozing off. Constantly assured myself that I will plonk on my bed and sleep right after my bath. But as usual, that did not happen. Again. I bathed and here I am, propped up in front of my computer. Can't believe that 15 weeks have just flown by, and we are down to our final week of operations before we awake from this nightmare of waking up at 5.30am on a Monday dawn. Talk about Monday blues, exaggerated 10 times. Tomorrow is National Day, but I don't feel the 气氛 yet, because there has been no rendition of any National Day songs on TV or radio. Or to be exact, I don't listen to the radio at all, so even if there was, I wouldn't have caught it. Maybe they were trying to cover up the embarrassment of the Lady Gaga Bad Romance song rip-off saga.

Today during pre-operation, Mr G(I initial their names because this vain and egoistic people will google their names just to see how popular they are. Just kidding) was so infuriated at Jeremy being the only one that did not complete the P&S evaluation that he smashed a side plate. I think he himself was stunned as his original intention was only to ram the napkins onto the table but his bulging muscles thought otherwise. He must be thinking: " I certainly did not mean to do that..but owells, I shall just maintain a straight face to show this people I mean business." Today's ice cream boy( young okay!) sold 20 single scoops and 5 double scoops! *applauds* I think I owe this feat to those loyal supporters of mine who were there actually to see me, but bought ice cream from me as an excuse. I think that statement was a little over the line but what has been said shall remain.

Shall digress a little here. Went to visit grandma yesterday. My heart sank a little when she saw me and asked, "Who are you?" The senile dementia is really kicking in huh? And when I asked her to differentiate yellow and white, she said they were the same. The failing eyesight of hers also worries me. Made me think of my own future, whether my eyesight will fail me when I need it most. At this juncture, I will start to regret all those harmful activities I had done to cause my eyes adverse effects rather than protecting them.

Do what you think is right today, rather than try to amend things tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment