Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Met the trekking gang on Wednesday to watch The Purge 3! Had Yoshinoya for dinner and felt ostracized by the staff because I wanted to get the student meal but they said it was only for local university students. I tried to explain that my uni was based locally too but she didn't listen. What's the difference cos I took tuna's card to get it anyway. And they passed me my first birthday card this year! Thank you zhiqi for printing the photos!


The first part of my birthday celebration actually took place on Saturday, when Sab joined my family for dinner at I'm KIM Korean BBQ restaurant at SOTA. Stuffed ourselves silly and headed to Plaza Sing to shop. Saw this shirt at Uniqlo so Sab bought it for me! :) One step closer to emulating my superhero idol but as usual, the physique is still miles apart.


Celebrated my 24th birthday on the actual day which was Sunday. Aunt came by for just a short while without notice to pass me by birthday 'present' and had to rush off to work because they were short on manpower. This must be the most interesting one I have received this year! But I don't really fancy crustaceans as the meat isn't worth the trouble, so my family will be having either steamed crab or crab stew or something like that. Received the customary red packet from them too!

Hehehe my mum labelled Sab a sashimi-head. 

Headed over to Sab's and her mum tried to con me by saying S went down to look for me, which totally did not trick me because knowing S, she will never do something like that out of the blue, and that most definitely raised my suspicions because it was my birthday. Spotted the cake box on the table the first thing I stepped into the living room, and since S surprised me with a blackforest cake the previous year, I figured things were gonna be the same. I'm sorry my love, but Sherlock blood apparently runs in my veins. S still tried to keep up the surprise by presenting me with a cake and singing me a happy birthday song, but I was my usual awkward self and didn't know what to do. Pardon our tired faces below, we're getting old.


Went to Eastpoint to get groceries because I decided to keep the celebration simple this year by cooking together with Sab at home. We decided on steak with garlic butter, sauteed mushrooms, hasselback potatoes and brazilian cheese bread. It didn't seem that much until we took almost four hours to complete cooking all of them. I would have totally not even made the qualifying mark for Masterchef! I got a little agitated during the making of the cheese bread because the first batch didn't turn out as planned. But that's also because I tried to combine two recipes. We played a couple of rounds of L4D2 with Wes and Ense after dinner too!

Here are the gifts from Wes and Ense! Told Sab to tell them I didn't need anything for my present but Sab apparently realised my recent obsession with gudetama so they got me these!



Sab's parents got me this pen from Parker so now I have two pens fit for signing in the capacity of a CEO! 

I always look forward to cards and letters from Sab because they are always so sweet. She tried to be discreet and placed it on my bag when I was not in the room but I think I finished reading it and put it back where I found it even before she realised. Hehehe I'm such a spoilsport aren't I? :( 

The greatest present this year will have to be Curious the hamster. Sab really really loves her and I do too. So I try to send her pics of Curious whenever I can, since Sab only gets to see Curious once per week. I've always wanted a pet, so Curious will have to be the best present I could ever ask for this year. 




To all who wished me for my birthday, thank you for remembering, from the bottom of my heart. I know it isn't easy because I removed my birthday from fb and there's no notification. And all of us are getting busier nowadays, so who has the time to remember birthdays right? For those who forgot, there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment