Sunday, June 19, 2016

If you have been following me on social media, you will know that Sab and I have gotten a Sapphire hamster by the name of Curious! I have been annoying my parents for ages for a pet and you can imagine how jubilant I was when they finally said okay! I broke the news to Sab and she was ecstatic! I couldn't waste even a day and on Saturday, Sab and I woke up at 9am (and you know what lazy pigs we are) headed straight to the Pet Lovers Centre at White Sands to try our luck. On the way there, our hearts almost popped out of our chests because WE WERE SO EXCITED! When we came out empty-handed, we quickly boarded the MRT to try the bigger outlet at Eastpoint. Imagine how exhilarated we were when we almost squealed like a pair of guinea pigs when we set our eyes upon the selection of hamsters there. There was a Pearl White who looked so clumsy and stole both of our hearts as he struggled to drink from the waterbottle, but we were both startled when he started squeaking like crazy when the assistant picked him up. Sab and I did not want such an active squeaker or biter, so we moved on.

When we saw Curious, she literally was the epitome of a furball of cuteness. When we approached the cage, she was holding a piece of corn in her hand and gnawing at it here and there, but looked at us when we came close. Even when the assistant picked her up, she was as calm as can be. And when she was set down in the container for us to have a better look at her, I set my hand in front of her and she placed her two front paws on my palm and looked straight into my eyes. My heart literally melted in a way that no one else except Sab has been able to cause. WE WERE SO DAMN EXCITED and started picking out items such as the bedding, chew toys, bottle, wheel, bath sand, food etc.

We quickly cabbed home and washed the cage with nervous expectation, not wanting her to spend a minute longer in that small unfriendly cardboard box we brought her in. And when everything was washed, sanitised and set up, we set little Curious into her new home and imagine our immense happiness when she started becoming familiar with her house, burrowing into bedding and squeezing behind the wheel. We were so afraid she was gonna be dehydrated because we didn't see her drinking from the bottle but we later googled it and realised that hamsters are actually desert dwellers and survive on a couple droplets of water per day.




No comments:

Post a Comment