Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bangkok - 22nd to 26th December 2015

Look how excited she looks! 
Our year-end trip to Bangkok in December was our first official trip in the sole company of each other. It was memorable in the sense that it showed us a little on how everyday life would be like, living with each other in future And it simply makes me more excited for what lies ahead. Even though the dangers were apparent and very real, given the recent threat of terrorism that struck Thailand, we promised each other that we will always stay together and take all precautions to ensure that we would be on the plane home safely. I was really so damn worried about our safety the entire trip as I would never allow anything to happen to S.

I admit that there were times when I was grumpier than usual, throwing my little fits whenever I felt hot or when the hunger pangs struck. And for those who know me well, these are two of my most basic needs on my personal version of the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. But I am really really glad that Sab was understanding and more often than not, gave in to me. Especially at the supermarket when my beastly desire for food took over and I spent close to 900baht on groceries, of which 75% consisted of snacks. I scare myself with my own gluttony sometimes.

Prior to arriving in Thailand, we said beforehand that we would only board taxis that went by the meter. However, these are really not that easy to come across. On our second day, we went to the Concierge for assistance to flag down a metered taxi. And when we thought all was well, the driver quoted us a fixed price of 300baht. Not knowing the actual distance, we haggled for a discount of 50baht. However, the journey took only about 15 minutes, which could not have gone over 100baht if we had gone by the meter. Since it was only our second day, we really did not have a grasp of the dangers in Bangkok and would rather part with the money than fear for our safety. Lesson learnt, we only boarded metered taxis from then on, except for our departure to the airport.

Before the trip, we seemed like revered haggling masters, but we soon discovered how poor our discount-seeking skills actually were. Except a pair of sunglasses that she managed to snag for 200baht from a 650baht initial price. In a foreign land, there really is nothing much we can do without exposing ourselves to danger.

This last trip of the year had been really meaningful, making me realise how precious S is to me, and I promise I will take greater care of her. It really showed us how much we really complement each other. If this is how our future lives will play out, I wish the future could come quicker.


Waiting in line for Sabx2! Featuring my swollen eyes due to lack of sleep.
The intestines at Sabx2. Best intestines I ever had!
The famous Sabx2 Wanton Noodles. Honestly, I feel that this is overrated and nothing to shout about actually. 
Tom Yum UFO at Sansab Restaurant. We cleaned out the entire pot.  
Peppermint Green Tea. Subtle taste of peppermint. I like. 
This "salad prawn" lookalike we had at Petite Audrey. 
Add caption

Thai Tea Crepe Cake

Christmas Tree Flowerpot Cake
Add caption
Shibuya Toast at After You Cafe



S and her obsession with unicorns strikes again.


Shopping loot.
Food loot.
It still doesn't feel real that it has already been more than two weeks since we departed for this trip. It simply happened too quickly. But it's alright, this will definitely be the first of many, my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment