Monday, March 19, 2012

Work yesterday was totally a drag. The managers are venting their pent-up frustrations at the impacters due to the low staff count. Like they would criticise us for not doing our job properly, and keep saying how much it irks them to see the rooms so messy. For the record, our current job scope involves running, prepping and maintaining, not to mention backstock and the occasional size-checking. And if you expect the store to be perfectly tidy on a Sunday with only 3 or 4 staff running the show on each level, you must be crazy. And so, one of the managers even called all of us to the back for a "meeting" where she unleashed her fury, even using profanities. At least through this episode, we made new acquaintances via supper at macs. The thing is that everytime we work, there will always be new faces. The system has made it so difficult for us to get shifts, much less work with someone we know.

Slept at 4am this morning due to two incidents. Firstly, a flying beetle circling the lights was making so much noise with its wings and irritating me to the point that I took a badminton racquet and attempted to smash it like a professional badminton player. To my dismay, I smashed the light bulb instead and it exploded with a loud bang, enveloping the room in total darkness. And the thing is, I'm sure the beetle is still out there somewhere. After this heart-pounding ordeal, I suddenly felt the "Ultimate Hunger Pangs". Seriously, I felt extremely ravenous that I rummaged the kitchen and started gobbling up biscuits, buns, barbeques pork and finished half a litre of chocolate milk.

Shall end this post with a song on my playlist on repeat:


No comments:

Post a Comment