Wednesday, March 14, 2012

And so the holidays have been badly anticipated but horribly boring. What was meant to be a period of serious saving of cash for university education has backfired to excessive overspending day by day. After seeing how much Ryan needs to pay for his university education is crazy. $30,000 for tuition fees plus $14,400 for living expenses. These do not even include transport expenses or hostel accommodation yet. No wonder he seldom goes out nowadays. And witnessing his current predicament is a constant reminder that my time will come in 3 years. Regardless of whether I want to further my education, I think it's better to make it an option rather than having no choice at all. And I'm sick of hearing stories about other children demanding money from their parents for education, or parents wanting this money back from their children after they start work. I mean, isn't a family supposed to stand united and be transparent in terms of monetary financing? Tens of thousands is no small sum, so it's not a given that parents must sponsor their children's education. There comes a time when their kids must gradually grow up and become more mature in their thinking. Although my parents have said they would sponsor my education to the best of their abilities and do not expect me to return this sum of money nor provide them with living expenses even after I have established my career, I still find it imperative that we still possess the motive and mindset that we must provide for them in future. And this just means that I have to start saving up immediately. Not being scheduled for work for extended periods of time is not helping at all.

Yesterday was an impromptu gathering of the usual secondary class. We went cycling at Pasir Ris Park, dinner at jusacia and finally basketball at night. I returned home aching all over, with a cramp in my left calf and a sprain in my right ankle. But overall, it was still worth it. Especially the coconut episode.

Time to do some cooking of my own before I set out for work afterwards. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment