Sunday, September 4, 2011

You know that feeling when you have the urge to blog? I lost it. It has been a whopping 1 week since I posted anything, and ages since the last constructive post. Here's what happened the past one week:

Monday:
Accounting paper. Average but careless mistakes here and there. Didn't manage to balance my accounts even though I did 5 papers. Utter waste of time.

Tuesday:
Was supposed to revise TTO but ended up watching two movies- "Accepted" and "The Pursuit Of Happyness". That's not a typo error. That's what the movie is actually named. I recommend the movie "The Pursuit Of Happyness" because it was rather touching, about the struggles of a father to make ends meet and give his family a better life, after his wife left him. I wouldn't classify that as a tear-jerker though. Ended up reading only two lectures. #fail

Wednesday:
Another unproductive day of studying. Went to see past year papers for accounting and I was stunned right at the first question: " Name five ways to counter the problem of service variability". Upon seeing that and the inability to answer, I knew that was a sign.

Thursday:
The day of Marketing paper. Isn't it weird how we long for exams to be open-book and once we achieved that dream, we complain? Screwed up the question on personal selling. At least I managed to finish, and I tried my best. Funny how in secondary school, combined humanities always have 8 questions and we have 2 hours to complete, but in poly, we have 13 questions with greater weightage but the same time limit?

Friday:
TTO paper, totally unprepared. But I guess the only positive element is that I managed to get the total of $2338. When I saw the question " Describe three service configurations offered by a TMC.", I knew the end was near.

After that, we headed over to Bugis for spicy hotpot. We took the lowest level of spiciness and it was good. Made the mistake of breathing in while swallowing and a fiery sensation shot through my ears, making me cringe and cough. Loitered around at Bugis Junction and over to iLuma next. Spent some time at the arcade and caused sherri to fall down as if she's is in some Hong Kong drama. No offence:)

Saturday:
Attended F1 training at Tanjong Pagar. Assigned to Paddock after I switched from Kitchen. My time at FnC was enough. Headed over to Orchard Road with daniel, zhiqi, chingyi, weiling and michelle. Michelle suddenly disappeared like a stealthy ninja. We went over to H&M to have a look and the queue was madness. So we went to flea at *scape and ended up at Xin Wang HK Cafe for some high-tea. #likeataitai
We spent a whole 3 hours there talking and talking. And talking. Like thousand years never meet like that. Then we walked around 313 and had dinner at Yoshinoya. Trained home with daniel and caused him to miss the last train because he said never mind, take to Pasir Ris with me and in the end, that was the last train. Gave him 10-cent coin to use public phone in case his battery dies. Hahahaha

Sunday:
Woke up at 9am so that I could head out earlier and learn more about my new deployment over at Budget Terminal. One positive thing is that there is wireless wi-fi there. Bad thing is, there are only two food outlets. A toast & coffee cafe and Mcdonald's. What an easy decision to make. Budget Terminal doesn't sound glamorous and is a tad small, but I must say my job scope is rather simple, it just involves checking the airline tags on their baggage and send them to the counter if they do not have one. And I liaised with my colleague so that we could have an hour-long break every hour. Right after I ended my shift, I went to fulfil the long-procrastinated prophecy of cutting my becoming-helmet hair. The entire haircut lasted less than five minutes and I must say that my head feels much lighter now. Shall not worry too much about how it looks because as discussed yesterday, appearance is only superficial. How we are as a person is primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment