Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reached home at 3am and slept like a log till 2pm. Yesterday was "Take-measurements-for-five-minutes-money-instantly-fly-away" day. Met zhiqi on the bus to school and we continued our routine of waving, sitting next to each other and stoning/sleeping without talking much. Went to school to take measurements for my elective- Culinary Science next semester. Purchased a seemingly simple knife set which cost a whopping $100 when those items could be easily bought at Japan Home for peanuts. I think. Went to kfc opposite school with steph, yiinshin, sherri, zhiqi, darren and chuenheng. Went to computer lab next to print notes and do some minor stalking. Rushed home amidst the rain and set out immediately to meet shawn and chuenheng for last-minute ad-hoc work at My Humble House at the Esplanade. 

The duties there were like SSM all over again, plus much more. I love the uniform because it seriously made me feel like some gongfu master. Too bad I was unable to get any picture of it. Operations were rather fun but the pre and post routines were back-breakingly arduous. Imagine carrying 20-30 half-filled wine glasses on a tray almost half my height, or hoisting a S$30,000 deadweight couch here and there. After 11pm, many staff had returned home, leaving only 7 of us and some full-time staff to return the restaurant's layout to its original state. Aching all over but I must admit it has been one hell of an experience. We slogged till 2.30am this morning but they provided us the extra salary and cab fare so I must admit it was still do-able. And I emerged slightly richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment