Monday, August 11, 2014

I know I always start every post with a song that's stuck in my head, how typical you must be thinking. But who cares, here goes: This time round, it's Classic by MKTO.

"You over my head, I'm out of my mind,
Thinkin' I was born in the wrong time.
One of a kind, livin' in a world gone plastic.
Baby you're so classic."

How quick we have been living; in the blink of an eye and snap of the fingers, I have turned 22, commissioned as an officer, crossed the one year milestone of National Service and lost both my grandmas. It's so bittersweet thinking how fast time really flies when we are caught unaware, happy that our projected sufferings have come to an end, yet sad that we are all growing up so fast and unable to spend more time with our loved ones. 

Back in my cadet days, I long for the weekends because that was truly the only time I would be free to spend time with my family and friends. Seeing how we have grown apart as compared to the days of the past makes me really sad knowing that we can never go back or replicate those days anymore. This has and will be the gantry, the gate and the stage of our lives whereby we realise that the future will play out in such fashion from now on. Gone are the days of daily meals, lounging on the sofa simply watching the telly, impromptu meet-ups and good ol' chats. Meet ups have to be planned. Meals as well. We have become so busy because we have found new people, new calling, new priorities that we forsake the ones we have held dear all these while. This is not about playing the blame game, or accusing anyone of anything, but we slowly realise that we can never be able to go back to the classic days of old anymore.


2 comments:

  1. bro, end of the day, family will still be family. maybe u don't spend as much time as before - it will probably be the case in the future when u start ur own family. but they will always be there for u when u need them.
    ur bud cal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks buddy haha how'd you even find this! kudos for the timely boost! hope you're doing fine in your unit, although I'm sure you are.

    ReplyDelete