Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just returned from a family trip to Bandung, Indonesia. Either I am too stealthy or something because when I tweeted that I'm heading to the airport soon, people started asking me whether I was going overseas when the fact is that I'm already on my way back! Overall, I must say the trip was rather enjoyable. Partly due to the currency exchange rate. The rate of S$1 to IDR7,250  made us instant millionaires upon receipt of their currency. Previously, I haven't even heard of this place before. But this place is really filled with factory outlets! But it takes a keen eye to spot a gem of a clothing. It was easy to buy clothes for my brother because we wear the same size. So I just took it as though I was buying for myself. Anyway, we just take clothes from each other's wardrobes nowadays. 

However, it was a real headache choosing clothes for my dad. Let me tell you how difficult is it. Firstly, it must be white as he only wears white. Secondly, it must fit his frame. If it's too loose, he won't wear it. ( He steals clothes from my wardrobe too, even with that tummy of his. Hahaha sorry dad. ) Thirdly, he has a knack of not wearing clothes that have a certain coloured threading on the shoulders. Fourthly, the collar must not be loose-fitting. Fifth, the design must fit his age. Totally like a small kid right!

Alright shall go through my itinerary for the three-odd days. My hotel is designed along a rather kinky theme, although it is a family boutique hotel. The bathroom and bedroom are separated by just a transparent glass panel. No joke. 

Luckily there was a blind or my cousin and I would have to bathe at the lobby.


Soaking our feet in the sulphur spring made our feet really smooth. What for?!
The crater of the extinct volcano.
The tour guide told us to fit ourselves into the hollow tree trunk.
Picking strawberries at the farm. Just IDR70,000 for 1 kilogram!

  
Slacking at the airport on the return route.
The only blemish on this trip was that our plane flight was delayed for 4 hours. And we are stuck at the airport with just IDR9,000, which amounts to about S$1.20 because we spent almost everything else. Although AirAsia took the initiative to provide a complimentary lunch as compensation, I must say that their customer service was largely insufficient as their announcements were mostly made in the malay language, rendering us illiterate at that moment. All updates regarding the delayed flight could not get across to us, due to the language barrier so I felt that there is room for improvement there. Furthermore, the state of their plane is simply outrageous, with trash left behind by the last passenger in the seat pockets. I understand that it is a low cost carrier but a certain standard or expectation still has to be met right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment