Friday, November 12, 2010

I really really really hate gory movies. Horror anytime but no gore please. When my class mates were watching  SAW III just now, I could not take it anymore, only 5 minutes into the movie. I mean like, the storyline may be fantastic, but I can't bring myself to see what these actors may be "experiencing". It may be acting, but I can't help but wonder what if it is real. The first scene: A man breaks his own ankle. Apart. Before sawing it off. To escape from shackles and go free. He may have sinned, but taking justice into your own hands makes you far more guilty than he ever was. If you were to turn him in, rather than torture him mercilessly, I would then say that you have upheld justice. This, is plain evil. Forcing someone to determine his own state, be it physically or mentally, is pure cruelty. What's more, you expect him to dismember himself for you to gloat at him? When your true intention is to make him suffer? I really abhor such a mindset. And whatever it is, everybody deserves a second chance. As long as he is willing to repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment